Job Vacncy at Summit Institute of Development - Mataram (Software Development Head & Java Backend Developer)
SUMMIT Institute of Development
THRIVE Project - A multi-site research trial conducted in Indonesia, Pakistan and Bangladesh
The Summit Institute of Development (SID) in conjunction with Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and WHO co-ordinated THRIVE consortium are offering exciting opportunities in THRIVE Project for early-mid career level people interested in pursuing careers in public health, international development, health-IT or any related field. SID is a non-profit research and service delivery organization committed to saving lives through the improvement in health and human development at the community level through participatory evidence-based decision-making and sustainable action. You will join a team of experienced health, education, and IT experts to lead the Smart Registry Platform development, scaled deployment and impact assessment in Indonesia. Led by WHO, the THRIVE Consortium have launched a 5-year, multi-site research study that aims to adapt, implement at scale, and rigorously assess the impact of OpenSRP and related technologies on health system performance, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RMNCH) health outcomes and health information systems in multiple countries. THRIVE Project is a trial of the integrated electronic health information system to enhance maternal and neonatal health outcomes
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT HEAD – Code SDH
You will lead a local team of software developers and implementers to create innovative technology-based solutions for public health research and service delivery. You will be responsible for multiple informatics projects involving software development and implementation at SID. Successful Informatics Managers at SID find their work acknowledged internationally and represent SID at global conferences and meetings on health informatics.
- Oversees program designs, coding or configuring, testings, debugging, deploying, documenting and maintaining large and/or complex programs using a variety of software development toolkits, programming languages, testing/verification applications and other tools, while adhering to specific development best practices and quality standards.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives for assigned projects, and responsible for ensuring successful implementation of projects or phases of projects.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems, while considering equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Coordinates deep troubleshooting and issue analysis, as well as coding, testing and implementing software enhancements and/or applying patches.
- Be responsible for instructing, directing and verifying the work of other Java Software Developers, leading team in both technical and research endeavours.
- Working closely with partner organisations and technical advisors, attending and participating in regular stakeholder meetings, to assist with new platform development and co-ordination across the other country programs and technical teams.
- Support end users to adapt the new data platforms, providing training and technical support and designing monitoring & evaluation (M&E) activities, including data collection against indicators, analysis of information to assess systems effectiveness and impact
- In addition, the Lead Java Software Developer will be expected to take on additional formal and informal assignments within their area of expertise.
What you will need to bring to THRIVE Indonesia team :
- Having minimum of 3 years of IT team management experience. Prior experience with health informatics, open source software and community based development is a plus.
- Holding Masters Degree from reputable universities in a relevant field, or a Bachelors Degree with direct relevant experience in a region of interest to SID.
- Demonstrating a strong ability in assessing project requirements, creating work-plans, and developing budgets.
- Showing a proven ability in designing and monitoring software development, implementation and project expenses.
- Having a strong communication skills and ability to engage with non-technical personnel.
- Fluency in both English and Bahasa Indonesia is a must.
- Availability for international travel.
JAVA BACKEND DEVELOPER – Code JBD
You will be responsible for writing clean, efficient, and reusable codes that can be released as an open source software. The code you write will be deployed in multiple countries and used for public health research and service delivery. You will typically be creating Java web applications and software for the Android mobile platform. You will be primarily responsible for local adaption of the THRIVE Open-SRP project but will also include other informatics project involving software development and implementation in Indonesia. Software development, work on the THRIVE Open-SRP, will bring you into contact with diverse open source communities and you will gain exposure to the way eHealth and mHealth solutions are developed from multiple international perspectives.
- Under the direction of the Software Development Head, assist with platform development.
- Participate in designing, developing and testing applications in multiple system environments.
- Determine technical requirements, develops technical user stories and software requirements specifications that serve as the build-to specification for development
- Participate in the research and analysis of existing systems and program requirements; support in preparing documentation to change existing programs/system.
- Interact with application support and coordinate any patch and code deployments with developers team
- Assists in the completion of unit testing by preparing test data, running tests and evaluating results
- Develops screen tests and debugging problems. Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs
- Prepare reports, studies, and documentation, delivers presentations, and participates in meetings. Provide technical direction to development teams
As a Java Backend Developer, you must be :
- Having at least 2+ years of experience and expertise in Java backend and web development in a professional setting
- Preferable experience with Apache Maven, Postgresql, CouchDB.
- Having a strong knowledge in creating documentation and UML diagrams
- Holding at least a Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
- Showing interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Showing excellent communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients (healthcare workers)
- Prior experience with open source software development on Linux is a plus
- Prior experience working with MySQL or OpenMRS is a plus
- Fluency in both English and Bahasa Indonesia is a must.
- Experience programmer / coder
If you have what it takes to be part of our team, please submit your application letter along with resume, copy of supporting documents, recent photograph and copy of ID to:
HR Office of SUMMIT Institute of Development
Jl. Bung Hatta No. 28, Mataram, NTB 823231
with ‘THRIVE – Position Code’ as the subject line.
For further information please open our website